These instructions are designed to describe the basic steps of setting up a Wireless device under Microsoft Windows. The actual steps may vary between the different brands of devices.
- Attach your USB PCI or PCMCIA device to the proper USB PCI or PCMCIA slot.
- Allow the Windows auto configuration wizard to complete.
- Click on Start Menu and search “Network and Sharing Center.”
- Click on “Change adapter settings” on the left sidebar.
- Right click your “Wireless Network Connection”
- Click on “Connect/Disconnect”
- Search the wirelesses listed for “Wireless-At-TCNJ” (Note: You do not want to connect to “Guest-At-TCNJ”)
- Input the wireless password into the box that pops up.
- Click OK to connect.
Note: After this your network connection should be ready to go. You can double-click on the Wireless Network icon in the bottom right of your screen to check your connection status. You should see a signal strength as well as activity of packets being sent and received.